Single-player, text-based, dungeon simulation game
DescriptionAngband is a single-player, text-based, dungeon simulation derived from the game Moria, which was in turn based on Rogue. It is often described as a "roguelike" game because the look and feel of the game is still quite similar to Rogue (though there are now graphical tiles available if you dislike ASCII gaming). Angband has been in more or less continuous development since the early 1990s. The ultimate goal of the game is to develop a character strong enough to defeat Morgoth, who resides on dungeon level 100. Upon doing so, you will receive the exalted status of "winner" and your character may retire. To achieve this you will need to explore numerous dungeon levels, defeat many foes and sift through a great deal of treasure. Angband is a reference to Morgoth's "prison of iron" in the world of Middle-Earth, created by J.R.R. Tolkien.
226697 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:3.5.1-2.2 (Information last updated about 4 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".