apt helper for peer-to-peer downloads of Debian packages
DescriptionApt-P2P is a helper for downloading Debian packages files with APT. It will download any needed files from other Apt-P2P peers in a peer-to-peer manner, and so reduce the strain on the Debian mirrors. The Apt-P2P daemon runs automatically on startup and listens for requests from APT for files, as well as maintaining membership in a Distributed Hash Table (DHT). For any files which have a hash available (most files), peers that have the file are looked for in the DHT. The file can then be downloaded from them, using the uploading bandwidth of other peers while reducing the demand on the Debian mirror network. However, if a package can not be found on any peers, Apt-P2P will fall back to downloading from a mirror to ensure all packages are downloaded. Once downloaded, the file is hash checked and added to the DHT so that other peers can download it without the mirror. The configuration is very simple, and only involves prepending 'localhost' and the port to your current sources.list lines (similar to other apt-proxy-like software).
2687 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.1.8 (Information last updated about 13 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".