integrated document editing environment for TeX etc.
DescriptionAUCTeX is a comprehensive customizable integrated environment for writing input files for TeX/LaTeX/ConTeXt/Texinfo using GNU Emacs. Currently XEmacs ships with its own AUCTeX version. It supports processing source files by running TeX and related tools (such as output filters, post processors for generating indices and bibliographies, and viewers) from inside Emacs. AUCTeX allows browsing through the errors reported by TeX, while it moves the cursor directly to the reported error, and displays some documentation for that particular error. This will even work when the document is spread over several files. AUCTeX can automatically indent LaTeX source, either line by line or for an entire document, and has a special outline feature which can greatly assist in getting an overview of a document. AUCTeX is written entirely in Emacs Lisp, and may therefore be enhanced with new features for specific needs. It comes with a large range of handy Emacs macros. It is a GNU project, and documentation for all its features is accessible via the Emacs info browser.
3724 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 11.91-1 (Information last updated about 14 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".