Universal instant messaging client
DescriptionAyttm is an instant messaging (aka chat) client that provides all-in-one chat functionality for several major instant messaging services from one simple program. Ayttm "Contacts" allow you to refer to several accounts of the same person from a single contact name, making it one of the cleanest and simplest clients to use. Ayttm is the heir of the Everybuddy project, and aims to continue improving the program and addressing its shortcomings. The primary goal is to provide a messenger which is:
* simple: Ayttm should work nicely without having to first go through a
complicated configuration procedure. The preferences should be simple and
* stable: Ayttm should not crash when you use it.
* intuitive: Ayttm should be almost instantly usable by your mother ;)
* flexible: Ayttm supports multiple protocols and they should be supported in
an integrated manner (common interface, for example), without limiting
protocol-specific features support. Ayttm currently handles Yahoo!, MSN,
Jabber, IRC, AIM and ICQ.It also features support for file transfers, group chat, MSN GnomeMeeting integration, tabbed chat, smiley themes, status tooltips, conversation logging, automatic translation, GPG signing/encryption, typing notifications, spell checking and import of contacts from other clients.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".