a mail notification tool
Descriptionbiff is a small program that prints a message to your terminal when new email arrives. Actually, the message is printed by the comsat daemon, and biff just enables/disables the u+x permission flag for the terminal, which comsat uses to determine whether or not to write to your terminal. biff is mainly of historic interest, since there are much better alternatives (such as xlbiff and gbuffy) that are network-aware and do not require a daemon. Although there are no known security problems, running additional services is often considered risky. By default, the biff service is disabled. To use biff email notification, you must enable this service by running 'update-inetd --enable biff' after the package is installed. You may also need to modify the configuration of your mail transport agent to enable comsat notification.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".