advanced Gtk+ text editor for web and software development
DescriptionBluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and web developers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code. Bluefish supports a wide variety of programming and markup languages and has many features, e.g.
- Customizable code folding, auto indenting and completion
- Support for remote files operation over FTP, SFTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, etc.
- Site upload and download
- Powerful search and replace engine
- Customizable integration of external programs such as lint, make, etc
- Snippets plugin to automate often used code
- Code-aware in-line spell checking
- Zencoding or Emmet support
- Bookmarks panelbut is still lightweight and fast. For validation of CSS/HTML/XML documents you need csstidy, tidy, weblint and/or xmllint. For preview to work, you need a web browser that can view local files given to it on the command line. For PHP or Python bluefish supports php-codesniffer and pylint. Tools not suggested but supported are make, perl, php5-cli and java-compiler.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".