deduplicating and compressing backup program
DescriptionBorg is a deduplicating and compressing backup program. Optionally, it also supports authenticated encryption. It was forked from the attic backup program which is also packaged in Debian. The main goal of Borg is to provide an efficient and secure way to backup data. The data deduplication technique used makes Borg suitable for daily backups since only the changes are stored. The authenticated encryption makes it suitable for backups to not fully trusted targets. It can push backups to remote repositories accessed via ssh. A client pushing a backup invokes "borg serve" on the repository host. It is possible to restrict the ssh key to "borg serve" using the authorized_keys command= clause. Please note that the server and the client should be on the same version of borgbackup. Using different versions of borgbackup on client and server might result in 'incompatible API version' error messages and a non-working backup. While there is no direct operations mode for pull-type backups, you can configure the backup target in append-only mode, preventing the backup source from deleting or altering previous backups.
45429 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.1.11-5 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".