Access software for a blind person using a braille display
DescriptionBRLTTY is a daemon which provides access to the console (text mode) for a blind person using a braille display. It drives the braille display and provides complete screen review functionality. The following display models are supported:
* Alva/Optelec (ABT3xx, Delphi, Satellite, Braille System 40, BC 640/680)
* EuroBraille (AzerBraille, Clio, Esys, Iris, NoteBraille, Scriba)
* Freedom Scientific (Focus and PacMate)
* Handy Tech
* HIMS (Braille Sense, SyncBraille)
* HumanWare (Brailliant)
* LogText 32
* Metec (BD-40)
* Tieman (Voyager, CombiBraille, MiniBraille, MultiBraille,
* Tivomatic (Albatross)
* TSI (Navigator, PowerBraille)
* VisioBrailleBRLTTY also provides a client/server based infrastructure for applications wishing to utilize a Braille display. The daemon process listens for incoming TCP/IP connections on a certain port. A shared object library for clients is provided in the package libbrlapi0.6. A static library, header files and documentation is provided in package libbrlapi-dev. Bindings to other programming languages can be found in cl-brlapi (Lisp), libbrlapi-java (Java) and python-brlapi (Python).
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".