simple mail user agent
Descriptionbsd-mailx is the traditional simple command-line-mode mail user agent. Even if you don't use it, it may be required by other programs. The /usr/bin/mail command provided by this package is a very simple one, and does not include many features that can be found in more advanced mail user agents. For example bsd-mailx DOES NOT support:
- MIME (i.e. no attachments, no UTF-8 or other charsets support);
- SMTP protocol (/usr/sbin/sendmail interface only is used);
- POP3/IMAP (bsd-mailx reads local mailboxes only);
- maildir format (traditional mbox only format is supported).If the above features are needed, please consider installing another package providing similar /usr/bin/mail interface:
- s-nail package,
- or mailutils package.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".