featureful tool to read values from config files
Descriptioncfget is a simple yet featureful tool to read values from configuration files. It is useful, for example, to create configurable shellscripts or makefiles. Besides retrieving values, it can dump the information in several convenient ways, like a set of sh exports commands that can be conveniently passed to eval. It can also use the configuration values to expand template files. It can also be configured to support virtual configuration values that, if not present in the config file, are automatically computed from the existing values. This makes it convenient, for example, to get a "duration" value from a configuration file that only contains a "start date" and an "end date". It is also easy to create plugins to provide custom templating systems, export styles, dynamic values and even custom configuration file parsers.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".