really - a tool for gaining privilege (simple, realistic sudo)
Descriptionreally is a program that allows certain users to become whatever user they like on request. It is a bit like sudo in that respect. However, really is simpler than sudo, and doesn't give the system administrator any false security promises. So really is less of a general security risk to the system. Unlike sudo it does not pretend that the called account can be any more secure than the calling account. so there is never a need for a password. If you wanted to restrict which commands and functions the called user can perform, use userv, not really or sudo. Also unlike sudo, really only works if the calling user is supposed to be equivalent to root. But, really can also be used by root-equivalent users to become any user, not just root; in this way it can be a replacement for certain uses of su.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".