utility to test color capabilities of terminal
DescriptionMost terminals are capable of displaying 16 colors; 8 colors and 2 different brightness values, some (like xterm) can display more, even 256 colors. The program automatically detects 8, 16, 88, 256 color capabilities (via ncurses) and displays the appropriate color charts. Program can display the colors as blocks or 2d cubes optionally with color values overlaid in int or hex values, it can show the full rgb text string and show the display with a vertical (default) or horizontal orientation. In addition to the color charts it can also convert between 256 and 88 color values. This can be useful when converting various terminals like between urxvt and xterm-256. The goal of this program was to provide the functionality of all the various Perl and sh scripts in one place with some bells and whistles.
302 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2.2-1 (Information last updated 3 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".