BitTorrent Client written in C++
DescriptionThis application is written in the C++ language and doesn't require any graphical component, such as an X server. Original ctorrent's upstream has stopped its development and now it's kept updated with new releases/bug fixes by a new developer. It's built as a console program and it can be even used remotely in a machine that provides outside ssh access. Other main features are:
* Support for large files (>2GB) and large torrents (>255 files).
* Strategic selection of pieces to request for download.
* Continuous queueing of download requests, tuned based on
latency and throughput for each peer.
* Improved download performance, including parallel requests
in initial and endgame modes.
* Improved bandwidth regulation.
* Improved compatibility with other peers.
* Performance optimization and bug fixes.
* An interface for monitoring and managing multiple clients.
* Dynamic cache allocation and management, including prefetch.More information about the original but discontinued ctorrent's project can be found by browsing the following website: http://ctorrent.sourceforge.net
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".