chroot wrapper to run 'cvs pserver' more securely
Descriptioncvsd is a wrapper program for cvs in pserver mode. it will run 'cvs pserver' under a special uid/gid in a chroot jail. cvsd is run as a daemon and is controlled through a configuration file. It is relatively easy to configure and provides tools for setting up a rootjail. This server can be useful if you want to run a public cvs pserver. You should however be aware of the security limitations of running a cvs pserver. If you want any kind of authentication you should really consider using secure shell as a secure authentication mechanism and transport. Passwords used with cvs pserver are transmitted in plaintext. You should probably disable the pserver from the cvs package.
870 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0.24 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".