Execute commands in a chroot environment
Descriptiondchroot allows users to execute commands or interactive shells in different chroots. A typical installation might provide 'stable', 'testing' and 'unstable' chroots. Users can move between chroots as necessary. NOTE: the schroot package provides a better implementation of dchroot. In particular:
* dchroot quoting issues are not present. dchroot runs commands in
the chroot with -c option of the user's default shell; when
multiple command options are used, the options are concatenated
together, separated by spaces. This concatenation breaks shell
* schroot implements fine-grained access controls based on users
and groups, either of which may be granted the ability to gain
root access to the chroot if required.Using schroot will avoid these issues, as well as provide additional functionality dchroot does not possess.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".