Small toolbox-style utilities for Debian systems
DescriptionThese programs are designed to integrate with standard shell tools, extending them to operate on the Debian packaging system.
dgrep - Search all files in specified packages for a regex
dglob - Generate a list of package names which match a patternThese are also included, because they are useful and don't justify their own packages:
debget - Fetch a .deb for a package in APT's database
dpigs - Show which installed packages occupy the most space
debman - Easily view man pages from a binary .deb without
debmany - Select manpages of installed or uninstalled packages
checkrestart - Help to find and restart processes which are using old
versions of upgraded files (such as libraries)
popbugs - Display a customized release-critical bug list based
on packages you use (using popularity-contest data)
which-pkg-broke - find which package might have broken another
check-enhancements - find packages which enhance installed packages
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".