utility to replace problematic characters in filenames
Descriptiondetox is a utility designed to clean up filenames. It replaces difficult to work with characters, such as spaces, with standard equivalents. It will also clean up filenames with UTF-8 or Latin-1 (or CP-1252) characters in them. Features:
* Removal or replacement of upper ASCII Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1) characters;
* Removal or replacement of UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters;
* Removal or replacement of spaces and other potentially tricky characters;
* Trimming of excessive "_" and "-"s;
* Directory recursion, dry runs, verbose listings.It is designed with safety in mind. It won't overwrite a file that already exists, and it doesn't touch special files if not requested. detox is useful to mass rename files automatically. As just one example, you can use detox to easily standardize lots of files, as MP3 or movies, downloaded or stored inside a directory.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".