DjVu encoder with foreground/background separation
DescriptionThe DjVu graphics format is very effective because it uses multiple layers which are differently compressed. For the derivation of the bitonal foreground layer ("mask") of (scanned document) images ("segmentation") didjvu uses the Gamera framework. In the same process didjvu encodes the foreground mask together with the background counterpart into DjVu. That's also possible for a stack of images which can be processes into a bundled DjVu container very easily. The results are suitable for getting high- quality OCR data even from problematic scans from old documents. Furthermore, didjvu is capable of processing bitonal segmentation on colour scans.
2273 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.8.1-3 (Information last updated about 4 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".