Small test tool for TCP servers
Descriptionechoping is a small program to test (approximatively) performances of a remote host by sending it requests such as HTTP requests. In any case, be polite: don't bother the remote host with many repeated requests, especially with large size. Ask for permission if you often test hosts which aren't yours. Current features:
* plugins, so you can extend echoping with any protocol you like and/or use,
* Supports IPv6 as well as IPv4,
* Supports IDN (Unicode domain names),
* uses the protocols echo, discard, chargen or HTTP,
* can use cryptographic connections with HTTP,
* uses UDP instead of TCP for the protocols which accept it (like echo),
* can repeat the test and display various measures about it,
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".