maximum likelihood ancestral amino-acid sequence reconstruction
DescriptionFastML is a bioinformatics tool for the reconstruction of ancestral sequences based on the phylogenetic relations between homologous sequences. FastML runs several algorithms that reconstruct the ancestral sequences with emphasis on an accurate reconstruction of both indels and characters. For character reconstruction the previously described FastML algorithms are used to efficiently infer the most likely ancestral sequences for each internal node of the tree. Both joint and the marginal reconstructions are provided. For indels reconstruction the sequences are first coded according to the indel events detected within the multiple sequence alignment (MSA) and then a state-of-the-art likelihood model is used to reconstruct ancestral indels states. The results are the most probable sequences, together with posterior probabilities for each character and indel at each sequence position for each internal node of the tree. FastML is generic and is applicable for any type of molecular sequences (nucleotide, protein, or codon sequences).
880 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.11-2 (Information last updated 2 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".