render and animate FLAM3s and manipulate their genomes
DescriptionAccording to the upstream website: Fractal Flames are algorithmically generated images and animations. The software was originally written in 1992 and released as open source, aka free software. Since then it has developed a lot. It has been incorporated into many graphics programs and ported to most operating systems. The shape of each image is specified by a long string of numbers - a genetic code of sorts. You can create your own flames with the Apophysis interactive designer (for windows), Qosmic (for Linux), or Oxidizer (for Mac OS X), or Apophysis-J (cross-platform in Java). Or you can use the Electric Sheep distributed screen saver to join the collective evolution of animated fractal flames.
839 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.0.1-5+b1 (Information last updated about 14 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".