Multicast file distribution utility
DescriptionFlamethrower is intended to be an easy to use multicast file distribution system. It was created to add multicast install capabilities to SystemImager, but was designed to be fully functional as a stand-alone package. Notable characteristics:
1) Works with entire directory hierarchies of files, not just single files.
2) Uses a server configuration file that takes module entries that are
similar to those used by rsyncd.conf.
3) Flamethrower is an on-demand system. The multicast of a module is
initiated when a client connects, but waits MIN_WAIT (conf file) for
other clients to connect. If other clients try to connect after a
cast has been initiated, they simply wait until that cast has finished,
and catch the next one when it begins.
4) The udpcast package is used as the multicast transport, and offers a
gob and a half of tuning parameters.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".