virtual filesystem for flickr online photosharing service
DescriptionFlickrfs is a virtual filesystem which mounts on your machine like any other partition. Once mounted it retrieves information about your photos hosted on your flickr account, and shows them as files. You can easily copy photos from your local machine to this mount and it will automatically upload them to your flickr account. Similarly you can copy the files from your mount to the local machine and it will download your images from flickr. Flickrfs uses FUSE (Filesystem in USErspace) which is a simple interface for userspace programs to export a virtual filesystem to the Linux kernel. All the files in the mount have an associated meta file, which provides access to title, description, tags and license information. Modifiying any of these fields and saving the meta file will cause them to be updated on the server also. Flickrfs also includes a syncing mechanism. This allows for automatic synchronisation of changes done online directly to your local mountpoint.
1584 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 188.8.131.52-9.2ubuntu2 (Information last updated about 15 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".