Fast Light Window Manager
DescriptionFlwm is an attempt to combine the best ideas from several window managers. The primary influence and code base is from wm2 by Chris Cannam. Primary features copied from wm2 are:
- Does not look like Windows.
- Nifty sideways title bars.
- No icons. You deiconify by picking off a pop-up menu.
This means no space is wasted by icons.
- Really small and fast code.It is enhanced by the author's own further nutty ideas:
- Does not use shape extension, more standard resize handles.
- Occupies as little screen space as possible. The border and titles
are as thin as you could possibly make them. And maximized
windows waste only 15 pixels horizontally and zero (count'em)
- Independent maximize buttons for width & height, close button.
- Understands Motif, KDE, and GNOME window manager hints.
- Multiple desktops, controlled from the same menu as the icons.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".