smart Unicode font for Ethiopian and Erythrean scripts (Amharic et al.)
DescriptionThe Ethiopic script is used for writing many of the languages of Ethiopia and Eritrea. Ethiopic (U+1200..U+137F) was added to Unicode 3.0. Ethiopic Supplement (U+1380..U+139F) and Ethiopic Extended (U+2D80..U+2DDF) were added to Unicode 4.1. Abyssinica SIL supports all Ethiopic characters which are in Unicode including the Unicode 4.1 extensions. Some languages of Ethiopia are not yet able to be fully represented in Unicode and, where necessary, non-Unicode characters were included in the Private Use Area. Please read the documentation to see what ranges are supported and for more about the various features of the font. Abyssinica SIL is a TrueType font with "smart font" capabilities added using the Graphite, OpenType(r), and AAT font technologies. This means that complex typographic issues such as the placement of multiple diacritics or the formation of ligatures are handled by the font, provided you are running an application that provides an adequate level of support for one of these smart font technologies. This release is a regular typeface, with no bold or italic version available or planned. More font sources are available in the source package and on the project website. Webfont versions and examples are also available.
10447 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.500-1 (Information last updated about 17 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".