Qt4 LilyPond sheet music editor
DescriptionFrescobaldi is a LilyPond sheet music editor, with the following features:
* Enter LilyPond scores, then build and preview them with a mouseclick
* Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
* Point-and-click support: click on notes or on error messages to jump to the
corresponding position in the LilyPond file
* Midi player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
* Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
* Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
* Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
* Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in Frescobaldi User Guide
* Translated into Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian,
Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazillian Portuguese and Ukrainian.Frescobaldi also includes the following music functions:
* Transpose music
* Change music from relative to absolute and vice versa
* Change the language used for note names
* Change the rhythm (double, halve, add/remove dots, copy, paste) etc
* Hyphenate lyrics using word-processor hyphenation dictionaries
* Add spanners, dynamics, articulation easily using the Quick Insert panel
* Update LilyPond syntax using convert-ly, with display of differencesIn order to use lyric hyphenation, please install your languages' appropriate hyphenation packages, e.g. hyphen-fr for French, hyphen-ca for Catalan, etc. Frescobaldi is the Qt4 successor of LilyKDE, a Kate plugin for KDE3.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".