File subsets extractor based on genetic algorithms
DescriptionGenetic Algorithm File Fitter (gaffitter) is a command-line software written in C++ that extracts --via genetic algorithm-- subsets of an input list of files/directories that best fit the given volume size (target), such as CD, DVD and others. gaffitter provides an intelligent manner (thanks to Genetic Algorithm) to minimize the error between the desired target size and the selected candidates of files/directories. Gaffitter highlights: ..
* Uses a global meta-heuristic (Genetic Algorithm search).
* The command-line interface provides high integration (via pipe) with
other tools, i.e. works as a "filter".
* Allow the user to enter 'size identifier' pairs directly instead
of file/dir names.
* Pretty configurable. gaffitter have many input parameters to
control/adjust its behavior (including GA params).
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".