molecular and crystal model viewer
DescriptionA GTK+ based program for the display and manipulation of isolated molecules, periodic systems and crystalline habits. It is in development, but is nonetheless fairly functional. It has the following features:
* Support for several file types (CIF, BIOSYM, XYZ,
XTL, MARVIN, and GULP)
* A simple molecular creation and manipulation tool
* A dialogue for creating starting configurations for
molecular dynamics simulations
* Assorted tools for visualization (geometry information,
region highlighting, etc.)
* Animation of BIOSYM files (also rendered animations,
see below)GDIS also allows you to perform the following functions through other packages:
* Model rendering (courtesy of POVRay)
* Energy minimization (courtesy of GULP)
* Morphology calculation (courtesy of cdd)
* Space group processing (courtesy of SgInfo)
* View the Periodic Table (courtesy of GPeriodic)
* Load additional filetypes, such as PDB (courtesy of Babel)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".