play the game of Go
DescriptionGNU Go is a free program that plays the game of Go. It provides a text-only user interface, have a look at the cgoban or qgo package if you want to play on a graphical board. Go is an ancient game originated from China, with a definite history of over 3000 years, although there are historians who say that the game was invented more than 4000 years ago. The Chinese call the game Weiqi, other names for Go include Baduk (Korean), Igo (Japanese), and Goe (Taiwanese). In this game, each player tries to exert more influence on territory than her opponent, using threats of death, capture, or isolation. It is, therefore, a symbolic representation of the relationships between nations. Go is getting increasingly popular around the world, especially in Asian, European and American countries, with many worldwide competitions being held. The game of Go is played on a board. The Go set is comprised of the board, together with 181 black and 180 white stones. The standard board has 19 lines by 19 lines, but 13x13 and 9x9 boards can also be used. However, the 9x9 and 13x13 boards are usually for beginners; more advanced players would prefer the traditional 19x19 board. Compared to International Chess and Chinese Chess, Go has far fewer rules. Yet this allowed for all sorts of moves to be played, so Go can be a more intellectually challenging game than the other two types of Chess. Nonetheless, Go is not a difficult game to learn, so have a fun time playing the game with your friends. (adopted from http://senseis.xmp.net/?WhatIsGo)
26011 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.8-9+b2 (Information last updated about 12 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".