smartly puts your computer to sleep (suspend to RAM or disk)
DescriptionThe hibernate script helps you in putting your computer to sleep, using one of the various methods available in the kernel. Hibernate can take care of loading and unloading modules, provides various hacks needed to get some video cards to resume properly under X, can optionally restart networking and system services, and basically do whatever else you ask it. It can be extended by writing new "scriptlets" which run at different points during the suspend process. Currently the script supports all suspend mechanisms available through the /sys/power/state interface (including ACPI suspend and the in-kernel software suspend), as well as TuxOnIce.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".