plugins for the Xymon network monitor
DescriptionThis package provides plugins for the Xymon network monitor. (Formerly called Hobbit.) Included client plugins:
* apt - check for outstanding updates
* backuppc - check for errors reported by BackupPC servers (needs
backuppc and sudo)
* cciss - check hardware RAIDs in HP ProLiant servers (needs
cciss-vol-status and sudo)
* cntrk - check the size of the Netfilter Connection Tracking table.
* dirtyetc - check for conffiles which are modified compared to
Debian's defaults but should not be (needs sudo and debsums,
* dirtyvcs - check for dirty VCS working copies (supports Git,
Mercurial, Bzr and Subversion, needs appropriate VCS packages
and libfile-which-perl installed)
* dnsq - checks for working DNS on clients (needs libnet-dns-perl
* entropy - check kernel entropy pool size
* ipmi - read IPMI sensors and event log (needs ipmitool)
* libs - check for running processes with upgraded libraries (needs
binutils, lsof, sudo, libyaml-tiny-perl, and libsort-naturally-perl)
* mailman - checks the existence of Mailman shunt files and aged
queue files. (needs sudo)
* mdstat - check for failed or resyncing RAID devices
* mq - check (postfix's) mail queue (needs libtimedate-perl)
* misc - meta plugin for running series of scripts (needs
* ntpq - check the ntpd daemon synchronization status (needs ntp)
* postgres - statistics graphs for PostgreSQL databases (needs
* sftbnc - check if the local Postfix MTA has soft_bounce enabled.
* temp - simple temperature monitor (needs libfile-which-perl and
libyaml-tiny-perl; depending on the hardware to monitor it optionally
also needs hddtemp, smartctl, libxml-twig-perl, nvidia-smi (non-free),
sudo)Included server plugins:
* aptdiff - monitor list of installed packages in host pools
* conn6 - check IPv6 connectivity (needs fping)
* ircbot - relay status changes to IRC (needs
* pgbouncer - monitor pool usage and traffic
* tftp - checks TFTP servers by downloading a file from them
(needs libnet-tftp-perl)Helper software:
* Hobbit.pm: Perl module for writing plugins
* xynagios: adaptor for running Nagios plugins with Xymon (needs
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".