advanced drum machine/step sequencer
DescriptionHydrogen is an advanced drum machine. It's main goal is to bring professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming. General features:
* Very user-friendly, modular, fast and intuitive graphical interface
based on QT 4.
* Sample-based stereo audio engine, with import of sound samples in
.wav, .au and .aiff formats.
* Support of samples in compressed FLAC file.Sequencer and mixer features:
* Pattern-based sequencer, with unlimited number of patterns and
ability to chain patterns into a song.
* Up to 64 ticks per pattern with individual level per event and
variable pattern length.
* 32 instrument tracks with volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
* Multi layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each
* Ability to import/export song files.
* Unique human velocity, human time, pitch and swing functions.
* Multiple patterns playing at once.Other features:
* JACK, ALSA, PortAudio and OSS audio drivers.
* ALSA MIDI and PortMidi input with assignable midi-in channel (1..16,
* Import/export of drumkits.
* Export song to wav file.
* Export song to midi file.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".