utility for generating icon themes and libXcursor cursor themes
DescriptionThe inputs to icon-slicer are conceptually:
- A set of multi-layer images, one for each size
- Am XML theme description fileEach image contains all the cursors arranged in a grid; For cursors the layers are:
- A layer with a dot for the hotspot of each cursor
- The main image or first animation frame for multi-frame animated
- The second animation frame for multi-frame animated cursors
- ...For icons, the layers are:
- A layer with the images
- An optional layer with attachment points for emblems
- An optional layer with boxes for embedding text into iconsIn practice, since loading of multilayer images is not supported by standard image libraries, each layer is input as a separate image file. The theme description file contains, among other things, information about the source images to read, the location of each named cursor or icon within the grid, and a set of aliases from names to other names.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".