collection of useful Jed modes and utilities
DescriptionThe Jed text editor can be easily extended using the S-Lang scripting language. This package contains add-on packages for the Jed editor, mainly from the Jedmodes repository at SourceForge (http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/) Enhancements include:
* new or enhanced modes for:
Jed help, file management, GNU info, man pages, calculator, calendar,
dict dictionary lookup (including thesaurus), spellchecking,
"Game of Life" and snake, version control (CVS/SVN interface)
* additional language modes:
CSS, email, gnuplot, make, man, mupad, po_mode, reStructuredText,
ruby, SQL, yodl
* new or enhanced editor emulation modes for:
vi, CUA, Brief
* extensible URI-scheme handler
http:, ftp:, man:, floppy:, locate:, grep:
* buffer history and fast switching between (auto-)numbered buffers
* S-Lang utility functions and extended set of Key_* variables for xjed
* framework for installation of local or private extensions.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".