Debian Jr. programming
DescriptionThe emphasis for this sampling of programming packages for children is first on simple interpreted languages. Also important for using languages with children are good documentation, and some ability to produce visual programs without too much effort. It is by no means a complete list, and you are encouraged to explore other languages with children as well; even those that are not specifically aimed for children. The Logo language is specifically designed for children, with a strong emphasis on the visual and concrete. Littlewizard is an icon-based graphical programming language also designed for children. Scratch is an easy, interactive, collaborative, visual programming language with children from ages 8 and up as their target group. Arduino is a popular micro controller that is widely used by both people learning electronics and programming as well as seasoned veterans doing complex projects. It is necessary to connect a physical Arduino circuit board in order to experiment with arduino.
1876 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.26 (Information last updated about 20 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".