Debian Jr. System tools
DescriptionThis package includes a few tools for helping children learn about and use their system. Midnight Commander is more than just a file manager. It is shell with which children can explore and manage their own accounts. It can be a great help for the very young, as it saves them some typing (as compared with using a command-line shell directly). It is also packed with power and flexibility which can be tapped by older children and adults alike. The 'hello' sample program can be used as an instructional aid, as an example of how to invoke programs from the shell, specify switches, use the man page, and so on. Baobab, the GNOME disk usage analyzer, enables the user to take a visual trip into the hard drive contents. It can be a mesmerizing first step, dvelving into the inner parts of the computer system. It serves both as an educational tool about file systems and file contents/size as well as a tool for analyzing what files are big if disk space is scarce. Bubblefishymon is a computer load monitor dockapp which shows network traffic as fishes, CPU usage as bubbles, and a duck representing a duck.
1016 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.26 (Information last updated about 8 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".