office productivity suite (metapackage)
DescriptionLibreOffice is a full-featured office productivity suite that provides a near drop-in replacement for Microsoft(R) Office. This metapackage installs all components of libreoffice:
* libreoffice-writer: Word processor
* libreoffice-calc: Spreadsheet
* libreoffice-impress: Presentation
* libreoffice-draw: Drawing
* libreoffice-base: Database
* libreoffice-math: Equation editorYou can extend the functionality of LibreOffice by installing these packages:
* hunspell-*/myspell-*: Hunspell/Myspell dictionaries
for use with LibreOffice
* libreoffice-l10n-*: UI interface translation
* libreoffice-help-*: User help
* mythes-*: Thesauri for the use with LibreOffice
* hyphen-*: Hyphenation patterns for LibreOffice
* libreoffice-gtk: Gtk UI Plugin, GNOME File Picker support,
QuickStarter for GNOMEs notification area
* libreoffice-gnome: GIO backend
* unixodbc: ODBC database support
* cups-bsd: Allows LibreOffice to detect your CUPS printer queues
* libsane: Use your sane-supported scanner with LibreOffice
* libxrender1: Speed up display by using Xrender library
* libgl1: OpenGL support
* openclipart-libreoffice: Open Clip Art Gallery with LibreOffice index
* iceweasel | firefox | icedove | thunderbird | iceape-browser | mozilla-browser:
Mozilla profile with Certificates needed for XML Security...
* openjdk-6-jre | gcj-jre | java5-runtime:
Java Runtime Environment for use with LibreOffice
* pstoedit / imagemagick: helper tools for EPS thumbnails
* gstreamer0.10-plugins-*: GStreamer plugins for use with LibreOffices
* libpaper-utils: papersize detection support via paperconf
* bluez: Bluetooth support for Impress (slideshow remote control
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".