program for typesetting sheet music
DescriptionLilyPond is a music typesetter, an automated engraving system. It produces beautiful sheet music using a high level description file as input. LilyPond supports many forms of music notation constructs, including chord names, drum notation, figured bass, grace notes, guitar tablature, modern notation (cluster notation and rhythmic grouping), tremolos, (nested) tuplets in arbitrary ratios, and more. LilyPond's text-based music input language support can integrate into LaTeX, HTML and Texinfo seamlessly, allowing single sheet music or musicological treatises to be written from a single source. Form and content are separate, and with LilyPond's expert automated formatting, users don't need typographical expertise to produce good notation. LilyPond produces PDF, PostScript, SVG, or TeX printed output, as well as MIDI for listening pleasures. LilyPond is exported from the RoseGarden and NoteEdit GUIs, and can import ABC, ETF and MIDI. LilyPond is part of the GNU Project.
12882 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2.18.2-12 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".