tool to generate Smith Charts
DescriptionA Smith chart is a tool used in electrical engineering that shows how the complex impedance of a transmission line varies along its length, and simplifies the design of impedance matching networks to match the line to its load. linSmith is a Smith Charting program, mainly designed for educational use. As such, there is an emphasis on capabilities that improve the 'showing the effect of'-style of operation. Its main features are:
* Definition of multiple load impedances (at different frequencies)
* Addition of discrete (L, C, parallel and series LC, and transformer)
and line components (open and closed stubs, line segments)
* Connection in series and parallel
* Easy experimentation with values using scrollbars
* A 'virtual' component switches from impedance to admittance to help
explaining (or understanding) parallel components
* The chart works in real impedances (not normalized ones)
* Direct view of the result on the screen
* Ability to generate publication quality Postscript output
* A 'log' file with textual results at each intermediate step
* Load and circuit configuration is stored separately, permitting several
solutions without re-defining the other
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".