Multiple alignment program for amino acid or nucleotide sequences
DescriptionMAFFT is a multiple sequence alignment program which offers three accuracy-oriented methods:
* L-INS-i (probably most accurate; recommended for <200 sequences;
iterative refinement method incorporating local pairwise alignment
* G-INS-i (suitable for sequences of similar lengths; recommended for
<200 sequences; iterative refinement method incorporating global
pairwise alignment information),
* E-INS-i (suitable for sequences containing large unalignable regions;
recommended for <200 sequences),and five speed-oriented methods:
* FFT-NS-i (iterative refinement method; two cycles only),
* FFT-NS-i (iterative refinement method; max. 1000 iterations),
* FFT-NS-2 (fast; progressive method),
* FFT-NS-1 (very fast; recommended for >2000 sequences; progressive
method with a rough guide tree),
* NW-NS-PartTree-1 (recommended for ∼50,000 sequences; progressive
method with the PartTree algorithm).
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".