thorough real-mode memory tester
DescriptionMemtest86+ scans your RAM for errors. This tester runs independently of any OS - it is run at computer boot-up, so that it can test *all* of your memory. You may want to look at `memtester', which allows to test your memory within Linux, but this one won't be able to test your whole RAM. It can output a list of bad RAM regions usable by the BadRAM kernel patch, so that you can still use your old RAM with one or two bad bits. Memtest86+ is based on memtest86 3.0, and adds support for recent hardware, as well as a number of general-purpose improvements, including many patches to memtest86 available from various sources. Both memtest86 and memtest86+ are being worked on in parallel.
9959 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 5.01-3ubuntu1 (Information last updated 12 minutes ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".