Whole Genome Shotgun and EST Sequence Assembler
DescriptionThe mira genome fragment assembler is a specialised assembler for sequencing projects classified as 'hard' due to high number of similar repeats. For expressed sequence tags (ESTs) transcripts, miraEST is specialised on reconstructing pristine mRNA transcripts while detecting and classifying single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) occurring in different variations thereof. The assembler is routinely used for such various tasks as mutation detection in different cell types, similarity analysis of transcripts between organisms, and pristine assembly of sequences from various sources for oligo design in clinical microarray experiments. The package provides the following executables: Binaries provided:
* mira: for assembly of genome sequences
* miramem: estimating memory needed to assemble projects.
* mirabait: a "grep" like tool to select reads with kmers up to 256 bases.
* miraconvert: is a tool to convert, extract and sometimes recalculate all
kinds of data related to sequence assembly files.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".