POP3 mail retriever - with GNOME keyring support
Descriptionmpop is a fast and simple fetchmail replacement to retrieve mail from POP3 servers. Its main features are header based mail filtering, multiple authentication methods, TLS encrypted connections or delivery. There are a few things mpop can do that fetchmail can't or that it does better:
- mpop never ever tries to parse mail information except for the
envelope-from address, which is the bare minimum that it has to do.
- mpop never ever alters mail messages except for adding a "Received"
header, which is the bare minimum that it has to do.
- mpop uses several techniques (including pipelining) to reduce the
POP3 protocol overhead. It is therefore much faster than fetchmail.
- By default, mpop stores the mail UIDs (unique ids) in one file per
account. You can poll different mail accounts in parallel.
- The progress output is nicer ;-)
- You can pipe the headers of a mail through a filter that decides if
the mail should be downloaded, skipped, or deleted. This allows one
to delete junk mail from a POP3 server without downloading the
- mpop can deliver mails directly to mbox and maildir mail folders.This package is compiled with GSASL and TLS/SSL support, and additionally with GNOME keyring support.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".