authentication service to create and validate credentials
DescriptionMUNGE (MUNGE Uid 'N' Gid Emporium) is an authentication service for creating and validating credentials. It allows a process to authenticate the UID and GID of another local or remote process within a group of hosts having common users and groups. These hosts form a security realm that is defined by a shared cryptographic key. A process creates a credential by requesting one from the local MUNGE service. The encoded credential contains the UID and GID of the originating process. This process sends the credential to another process within the security realm as a means of proving its identity. The receiving process validates the credential with the use of its local MUNGE service. The decoded credential provides the receiving process with a reliable means of ascertaining the UID and GID of the originating process, and this information can be used for accounting or access control decisions. Clients can create and validate these credentials without the use of root privileges, reserved ports, or platform-specific methods.
1161 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.5.13-1 (Information last updated about 11 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".