Linux network packet sniffer toolkit
Descriptionnetsniff-ng is a high performance Linux network sniffer for packet inspection. It can be used for protocol analysis, reverse engineering or network debugging. The gain of performance is reached by 'zero-copy' mechanisms, so that the kernel does not need to copy packets from kernelspace to userspace. netsniff-ng toolkit currently consists of the following utilities:
* netsniff-ng: a zero-copy packet analyzer, pcap capturing/replaying tool
* trafgen: a multithreaded low-level zero-copy network packet generator
* mausezahn: high-level packet generator for appliances with Cisco-CLI
* ifpps: a top-like kernel networking and system statistics tool
* curvetun: a lightweight curve25519-based multiuser IP tunnel
* astraceroute: an autonomous system trace route and DPI testing utility
* flowtop: a top-like netfilter connection tracking tool
* bpfc: a [seccomp-]BPF (Berkeley packet filter) compiler, JIT disassembler
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".