programs for dealing with numbers from the command line
DescriptionThe 'num-utils' are a set of programs for dealing with numbers from the Unix command line. Much like the other Unix command line utilities like grep, awk, sort, cut, etc. these utilities work on data from both standard in and data from files. Includes these programs:
* numaverage: A program for calculating the average of numbers.
* numbound: Finds the boundary numbers (min and max) of input.
* numinterval: Shows the numeric intervals between each number in a sequence.
* numnormalize: Normalizes a set of numbers between 0 and 1 by default.
* numgrep: Like normal grep, but for sets of numbers.
* numprocess: Do mathematical operations on numbers.
* numsum: Add up all the numbers.
* numrandom: Generate a random number from a given expression.
* numrange: Generate a set of numbers in a range expression.
* numround: Round each number according to its value.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".