network injection and capture tool
DescriptionPackit (PACket toolKIT) is a network auditing tool. It uses libpcap and can make real packages (frames) that are able to travel in a network. Packit also allows one to add personalized payloads. Other good feature is the possibility to read dump files created by tcpdump. Packit has an ability to customize, inject, monitor and manipulate IP traffic. By allowing you to define (spoof) nearly all TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP, ARP, RARP, and Ethernet header options, Packit can be useful for the following scenarios:
- tests in firewalls;
- tests in Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS);
- tests in Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS);
- tests in proxies;
- tests in port scanning detectors;
- network traffic simulations;
- security tests; and
- general TCP/IP auditing and pentests.Packit is also an excellent tool for learning TCP/IP. However, this program does not support IPv6.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".