CERNLIB data analysis suite - distributed PAW and file transfer servers
DescriptionCERNLIB is a suite of data analysis tools and libraries created for use in physics experiments, but also with applications to other fields such as the biological sciences. This package contains the server daemon for remote PAW clients. PAW is the Physics Analysis Workstation, a graphical analysis program. Included in the same binary is zserv, the server daemon for the ZFTP protocol; zserv is a macro-extensible file transfer program which supports the transfer of formatted, unformatted and ZEBRA RZ files (CMZ, HBOOK, etc.). It is similar to a standard FTP daemon, although it listens on a different port. Both servers operate through inetd. Since these servers accept passwords in clear text and do not support SSL or other encryption methods, you should probably only install this package within a trusted LAN. It should be seen as equivalent to vanilla telnetd in terms of security (or lack thereof).
1033 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 20061220+dfsg3-4.3+b1 (Information last updated about 20 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".