parallel interactive shell console
Descriptionpconsole allows you to connect to each node of your cluster (e.g. via ssh or rsh) simultaneously by spawning one terminal per host or job. Alternatively you can even connect to already existing terminal sessions. You can type your administrative commands either in a specialized window that 'multiplies' the input to each of the connections you have opened or use each of the connected terminals in case one host or job needs some additional commands to be typed. pconsole is best run from within X Window, although it is possible to employ it without X (in console mode) as well. You need to install pconsole on only 1 machine in the cluster, this would usually be your central administrative node. pconsole's X automatisms work well with window-managers which offer a smart placement mode without resizing new windows or with a tiling mode which resizes all windows to the same size. It is known to work very well with FVWM and has proven less usable with Awesome or Ratpoison. For usage with window-managers focussed on full-screen applications like ratpoison, for parallel interactive SSH sessions MultiSSH (package "mssh") is probably be the better choice due to managing all SSH sessions in one application window.
74 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0-12 (Information last updated about 12 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".