Python Integrated Development Application, a Python IDE
DescriptionPIDA is the Python Integrated Development Application. It is an IDE (integrated development environment) written in Python (http://www.python.org/) and the GTK+ (http://www.pygtk.org/) graphical toolkit. Pida is an IDE, but one that is slightly different from other IDEs. Rather than attempting to write a set of development tools of its own, Pida uses tools that the developer has available. In this regards Pida can be used as a framework for putting together your own bespoke IDE. Although still a young application, Pida can already boast a huge number of features because of the power of some of the tools it integrates. For example features such as code completion and syntax highlighting are well implemented in Pida's integrated editors far better than any editor built for a commercial IDE. Pida currently features: Full code editing (syntax highlighting, code completion, automatic indenting, block commenting etc) Project management, version control management, Python debugger and profiler, GTK+ graphical user interface building and rapid application design, Pastebin integration.
55200 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.5.1-6 (Information last updated about 5 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".